For those of you that don't know yet, our sweet Easton was diagnosed with autism about a month ago. The doctor wants to re-evaluate him in a year, because he feels like he will probably change his diagnosis to Asperger's syndrome. I could explain why but it's more than I want to type out, to be honest. If you are unfamiliar with asperger's - it still falls under the umbrella of spectrum disorders, but is less severe than autism in most cases. So we are hoping and praying for our little boy that this might be the case. So in the mean time we are doing our best to help Easton come along. Eric and I are feeling pretty optimistic about the future. Its tough as a parent, because you just want your kids to be happy and healthy and to live good lives. I have my hard days where I worry. Its hard not to. I just love this boy so much. Any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Hi Tiff, I think you are wonderful mother, I know many who would totally be in denial and just avoid something like this. I have a cousin with Asperger's. She is a sweet, super intelligent girl, who is independent and has lots of friends. I'm sure with the good support system that he has (you and Eric and the rest of your family) he will have a wonderful life.
Tiff, You & your family are in our prayers. You and Eric are such fantastic parents & people that I'm glad Easton was placed in your care. The Lord knew that he would be loved and well taken care of. If you ever need an ear, please call.
My brother's highschool friend is a mother to a son with autism and she is a huge advocate. This is her blog. You kind of have to search around but the stories she shares are quite touching.
http://soundslikebaloney.blogspot.com/
I love you guys!
Oh Tiff if anyone can get through this it's you. You and your hubby are amazing and so positive. It will all work out in the way it's supposed too. Just keep doing what your doing. You guys are great parents!
Tiffany, he is a darling little boy. From the pictures he looks like such a great mix between you and Eric.
We're thinking of you! You seem like an amazing mom.
You should come visit us "old" people sometime! We'll plan something fun?!
Tiff, so sorry to hear about Easton - I wish I had amazing words of wisdom and useful advice but I'm no expert on Autism. All I know is you and Eric have a sweet and tender love for each other, and you have created a perfect home for his little spirit. He is such a sweet, adorable little guy! We are hoping for the best and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Tiffy~ Oh how I just love your little Easton! He is (and always will be) an adorable, bright, intelligent, loving little boy! I know that the Lord sent us our boys because He knows that we will be wonderful parents to them and help them to live fun and fulfilling lives! There are many days when I worry about Jackson too...that just means that we love our kids so much and want only the best for them...so it's okay, and normal.
I'm so grateful to know that we have each other to get through the challenging times.
I pray that it will work out for us to have that home close to you, and if so...it's for a reason. Our boys can play together and bring each other many different gifts that maybe not even us as moms can give.
I love you so much Tiff, and I have faith that Easton and Jackson will become wonderful men just because of the simple fact of knowing that they have parents who love them unconditionally! :)
You're not alone! I love you!
~Stacy~
I don't have any great words of encouragement. I couldn't think of two better people better prepared for Easton. I tried to think of something funny and uplifting, but nothing seemed appropriate. So i am just going to go with "Eric is stinky"
Thank you for saying hi!!! I hope everything is going well. I'm sorry to hear about your situation but it sounds like you have an amazing little boy and I doubt that could ever change!!! Congrats on your little girl too!!! It sounds like life is wonderful, even with it's ups and downs!!
I hope your doing well. Update me on the rest of your family!!! I hope your all doing great!!!
Hi! Tiffanie! I used to teach special ed. so I'm pretty familiar with Asperger's. I feel what you are going through and pray for you! I have heard of a product called "Reliv" that has helped children with Autism and related diagnoses. I actually personally heard a lady tell her story of how it made her son's symptoms very mild and helped him to funtion really well. If you google it you'll probably find the website. We are actually trying it right now to see if it's something I want to refer to my dad since he just had cancer. It's definitely something worth looking into.
I'm sure your sister has told you that our oldest has autism and our youngest is in the process of being tested. We are pretty sure she does too. I really do testify that this is an amazing time of growth for you and your family. We have been working with schools and specialists for several years now and I may have read every book available. If you have any questions or are having a "why me" day (which is okay and happens) please let me br there to help. My email is walkerhh06@yahoo.com. Your family is in my prayers.
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I would LOVE to take pics of your kids, just let me know when you come down next and we can get together!
Post a Comment