CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Surgery




Easton had his first surgery in April. He had ear tubes put in at Primary Children's Medical Center. I'm glad we went ahead with the procedure, because they seem to have already made a big difference for our little man. But the day was a bit traumatizing for him and his parents. The hardest part of the day was handing our helpless little boy off to the anesthesiologist and watching him walk down the hall holding our drowzy son. I will always remember that moment. But on a lighter note, I do have to say "thank goodness for Versed!". Easton was not having a good morning with all the prepping for surgery. How do you reason with a toddler, let alone one with autism? You don't. They just scream and scare every poor kid that steps off the elevator. So once they gave him the Versed, he totally chilled out. I wish it were legal to keep some in my medicine cabinet. Just kidding! There's alway Benedryl. Just kidding again! I don't dope my babies.

0 comments: